Monday 20 July 2009

Laird and the Spider Monkey

My weekends are for Family. I have spent so much time working that I now believe that every moment I spend on the weekends at work needs to be complimented with time for the kids and my beautiful wife Megan.

So this weekend we went out to the Bush babies sanctuary in Haartabeesport. We spent the day walking around the raised platforms and suspension bridges looking and learning about the monkeys they have rescued. All of the monkeys were exotic and most rescued from people whom had bought them as pets and could not handle them.

So with us looking for monkeys in one of those beautiful gorges that you only really find in the Magaliesberg. Carrying Fynn on my back and chasing Laird to make sure he did not fall off the path (as he has a tendancy to do), and seeing that we are in the middle of toilet training, wondering where in this beautiful area we would be able to sneak off the platforms and pee in the bushes. We had a wonderful time.

At the end of the tour they have some lehmurs and monkeys in quarantine. There Laird made a friend. A lone spider monkey was sitting on the ground next to the fence. Laird was instantally attracted to him. Laird played with his fingers. Patted him through the fence and then when It was time to go and Laird was about to stand up the spider monkey reached out and held Laird's hand and even gave him a tickle. It was very cute.



And I would have to say one of the best days I have had.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: